Healing Tools for Co-Occuring Addictions
- Find information and support about co-occurring addictions and how it impacts one’s recovery process.
- Build a satisfying and meaningful life without drugs or alcohol. This requires time, support and courage.
- Find a therapist who is skilled in mental health, substance abuse treatment and trauma, and a therapist who has done her own inner work.
- Recognize that trauma plays an important role in addictions, PTSD and mental illness. With the help of a supportive therapist, start working on childhood trauma issues.
- Access additional support from 12 step recovery programs, peers and/or a healthy family.
- Find meaningful activities, aside from one’s job responsibilities. Learn to enjoy life!
- Finally, understand that you are responsible for your own recovery – no one else can do it for you.