An important aspect of our mission at Your Strength to Heal is to support mental health professionals, and the community-at-large through education and training. Today’s subject is human trafficking training.
Human trafficking is a global issue and is estimated to generates billions of dollars in illegal profit every year. Men, women and children around the world are victims of human trafficking and 30,000 victims die each year from abuse, trauma and neglect. Victims commonly are forced or coerced to work in sexual services and prostitution, sweatshops, domestic servitude or agricultural labor. A sad fact is that victims may not actually recognize themselves as victims. The exploiter often uses fear, manipulation, promises of protection, safety and love to coerce the victim into compliance.
Human Trafficking Training
Overview of Topics Covered:
- Facts about Human Trafficking
- Understanding the Mindset of Victim
- Shame and self-blame
- Fear and distrust of law enforcement
- Common Mental Health Indicators of Trafficking
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Dissociative Disorder
- Explosive Disorders/Violence
- Red Flags
- Dominated/controlled by another individual
- Not allowed freedom to come and go as desired
- Evasive or conflicting personal history
- Treatment Needs of Victims
- Stabilize trauma symptoms
- Alcohol and drug abuse treatment
- Getting Help
In this training, learn more about the facts, understanding the mindset of the victim and how to recognize the signs of this victimization in our Human Trafficking Training Presentation.